Bobby King's design and research portfolio
I'm a friendly UX designer and researcher based in Glasgow, Scotland. My core skills are user research and interaction design but I also do user interface design, analytics and content strategy. I've been working in the UX field for fourteen years, mainly in financial services and the public sector. Hire me for contract and freelance UX work in Scotland.
Contact me on LinkedIn | About me
I've been researching, designing and delivering online services since 2007. I've designed User Interfaces for apps and websites but since early 2019 I've moved into pure research. Most of my work comes from Digital Transformation projects. Helping organisations grasp user-centred design and Agile working is the most rewarding part of what I do.
Here's some examples of how I think:
I run the following:
As a designer I've been inspired by:
- Indi Young's 'Mental Models'
- Erika Hall's 'Just Enough Research'
- Jakob Nielsen and Don Norman for inventing UX
- Steve Krug for democratising user testing
- Jon Kolko's 'Thoughts On Interaction Design'
- Heydon Pickering's inclusive design
- Bill Buxton's 'Sketching User Experiences'
- Mike Rohde's sketch notes
- Avinash Kaushik's actionable insights
- DIY punk